The future of the people of Iraq is in your hands. They are on the increase: the human scavengers who survive on refuse like animals searching for food. Something, anything they could find to eat or sell, among the dead and decaying, that could see them to the next day. Yes, this is Iraq today where poverty and destitution is an everyday form life for some... ironically in one of the richest countries in the world!
Against all odds of red tape and bureaucracy, Living Light International is making great headways in its unshrinking effort of tackling poverty and fighting against lack of education and ill health amongst Iraqi children. The effort goes on unabated across the length and breadth of the country meeting with tremendous success. In response to this good work, Government departments are increasingly offering their network of facilities to help make LLI’s effort go that much further. Government health departments as well as their educational departments are coming forward to run parallel with LLI’s limited facilities. Opportunities for the impoverished and needy are created by the exemplary efforts of international voluntary workers so generously made available through the services of LLI.
Despite the overall volatile political situation, in Iraq, coupled with local subversive elements LLI are relentless in their effort in pushing the frontier of benevolence. Its continued efforts in extending its hands of help, seeking out those, who through ignorance or otherwise; the unlucky, poor and deprived, offering them opportunity of a better and a more meaningful life.
As an extension of LLI’s continuous programme, it is seeking the help of volunteers who are willing to give up their time to this gallant cause. We are looking for:
1. Medical Teams currently autonomous but who would be willing to conjoin with LLI in these fields:
· Cardiac Surgeries.
· Paediatric Ophthalmology.
· Cancer treatment
2. University Hospitals, and Churches who are willing to sponsor observation programs for Iraqi Surgeons, Doctors, Anaesthesiologist and Nurses.
3. Educational programmes connecting with street children through the use of computers and IT
4. Teaching Art & Crafts and other vocational skills programme
5. Stage and Drama skills to build self esteem within the community of deprived children.
6. Sponsorship for travel and accommodation
If you are one of those who would like to help please email me at: email@example.comFrom all the team at LLI we wish you a Happy New Year for 2012.